While there are plenty of foods that can help strengthen your immune system, there are also some that can make it weaker. Here's a list of six foods you should avoid if you want to keep your immune system strong.
- Refined Sugar - Refined sugars suppress the immune system by reducing the number of white blood cells that attack bacteria.
- White Bread and Pasta - They contain refined flours and gluten that have been processed and stripped of many nutrients which can cause inflammation and contribute to the development of chronic diseases.
- Fried Foods – These are usually high-fat foods that can disrupt the ecosystem of microbes in the gut, making them less able to recognize and fight invading pathogens.
- Soda - Drinking soda increases the risk of obesity, which is a high-risk factor for type 2 diabetes. It can also cause heart disease, kidney disease, and cancer.
- Processed Meats - Meats such as ham, sausages, bacon, and salami have been preserved with nitrates which can produce cancer-causing compounds and increase inflammation throughout the body.
- Alcohol - Alcohol, even in moderation, can damage the liver and other organs in our body. This can cause the immune function to be impaired and increases your risk for infections and diseases.
Vitamins are micronutrients that are essential for normal cell function, growth, and development. They also perform important roles in maintaining metabolic regulation and immune system functioning. Vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin D3, folate, iron, and selenium are some of the best vitamins for the immune system that can make you prone to getting sick. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is one of the best ways to look after your immune system. This means eating lots of vegetables and fruit, whole grains, legumes and nuts, lean meats, and fish.
You can browse The Good Vitamin Company
for immune booster supplements
and buy vitamins online
at ease from your home. Some of the best vitamins for the immune system
that you can get from our website are:
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps secure the immune system and support a strong cardiovascular system. Our Vitamin C formula includes a herbal blend of berries, citrus, and green pepper, and a powerful citrus bioflavonoid complex.
- Vitamin D3 – It’s a necessity for healthy living, but many do not receive an adequate amount from diet alone as 60% of the population in the UK** has low levels of Vitamin D. Therefore, vitamin D3 supplements are the best way to achieve optimal levels in the body since they provide a more direct and convenient supply than food sources.
- Gut Eze - Gut Eze is a probiotic supplement that helps to achieve a proper balance between the good and bad bacteria in the gut.
For the prevention of disease, we need to get these nutrients from food. But with modern farming and lifestyle practices that deplete nutrients from the soil and our foods, it is often difficult to get them in sufficient quantities from food alone. Hence immune booster supplements become necessary to supplement these nutrients.