Major Factors that Make you Prone to Heart Disease
Coronary heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide and in the UK, accounting for more than 64,000 deaths** in the UK alone. The condition is caused by a gradual buildup of fatty deposits inside the coronary arteries, which supply oxygen-rich blood to the heart. This process, known as atherosclerosis, causes the arteries to narrow and harden, restricting blood flow. This can lead to chest pain or angina and increase heart attack or stroke risk. Risk factors for coronary heart disease include:
- High blood pressure (hypertension) - Uncontrolled high blood pressure damages your heart and the arteries that carry oxygen-rich blood throughout your body.
- Diabetes - Diabetes increases your risk of coronary heart disease and stroke by accelerating the development of clogged and hardened arteries (atherosclerosis).
- High cholesterol - The higher your blood cholesterol level, especially LDL (bad) cholesterol, the greater your risk for coronary artery disease and heart attack.
- Smoking - Cigarette smoking dramatically increases your risk of coronary artery disease, which leads to a heart attack. Smoking also contributes to other conditions that put you at risk of heart diseases, such as high blood pressure and hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis).
- Obesity - Excess weight often leads to high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol
- Family history of heart disease - People with immediate family members who had heart disease before age 55 are more prone to it themselves.
- Krill Oil - Krill oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids EPA, DHA, and phospholipids that help better absorb Omega-3. It also has astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant. All these provide multiple health benefits, including improved heart health.
- Omega 3 - Omega 3 fatty acids have been shown to help with lowering the harmful cholesterol levels in the body and improve overall cardiovascular health. Triglyceride levels can also be reduced by omega 3 supplementation; this formula contains several essential vitamins for heart health, including EPA, DHA, and omega-3 fatty acids that provide powerful anti-inflammatory properties to support overall health.
- CoQ10 - Our patented technology for delivering CoQ10 through colloidal droplets results in superior absorption and can help manage healthy cholesterol levels and maintain healthy blood flow.